Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hindu Gods - Fabric Paintings

Before starting Oil on Canvas, I honed my painting skills on fabrics. My parents were very artistic. My father was good at pencil sketching and my mother would do embroidery work from those sketches. Growing up in a household where both parents were artistic certainly rubbed off on me. I used to watch my parents work long hours to create beautiful pieces of drapes and pillow cases. When I started working on my father’s sketches, I wanted to speed up the process and so began my adventures into fabric painting. I began to paint using his sketches and soon our home had colorful drapes, shelf covers, and pillow cases everywhere around us!









This picture of Hindu Godess Saraswathy was painted by Raja Ravi Varma (1848-1906) an Indian painter

This is my version of his painting.
Fabric paint on cloth.








No comments: