Saturday, August 2, 2008

Damayanthi - Oil on Canvas

What’s Princess Damayanthi whispering in the ears of her friend and confidant, the celestial swan, Hamsam? A message to her lover King Nala asking him to come seek her hand in marriage!
Inspired by Raja Ravi Varma’s original work, Hamsa Damayanthi, I painted this oil on canvas picture.



I am sure you’re wondering what’s going on in the trunk of my car? Well, a few years ago, my husband and I were forced to wait in line for days for a school admission for my daughter! I took the day shift and he took the nights. Sitting around doing nothing on the first day of our seven day wait, I decided to pursue my hobby- painting. It was cramped and uncomfortable inside the trunk of my car, but being petite, I managed to find a nice niche to sit and paint.



I finished Damayanthi and almost completed Meera before we accomplished our mission and went back home.

Damayanthi hanging on my wall!


No comments: